Love Story

Mom's home, finally! Lots of chocolates here and I'm drowning. From joy. Did you know that I haven't eaten anything else today aside from chocolate because I'm home alone and I'm too lazy that I can't even heat food in the microwave but apparently not too lazy to run to the fridge and grab more chocolate?

Oh, and I have a phone now! It's only temporary, but I don't know until when I'm going to use. Probably until I can buy my own phone. It's an old iPhoone 3G. (Not even a 3Gs, I know.) It's okay. But I can't install  the Goodreads app (and a whole lot of other apps because it requires an iOS higher than what my phone has, and since it's 3G, it can't update anymore). Boo. It's good. I don't really use my phone very often.

READING UPDATE:

I HAVEN'T FINISHED READING I HUNT KILLERS YET!!

But I'm already starting with Kristin Walker's A Match Made in High School, so I'm probably not going to finish I Hunt Killers soon. Sorry. I apologize to my classmate whom I borrowed the book from and promised that I will return it before this year ends.

Before I went to the airport to fetch my mom, I stopped by a mall to check if any of the bookstore had John Green's Paper Towns in stock. My sister and I have been wanting to buy it for weeks now but everywhere we go, all we hear is "Sorry, ma'am, we're out of stock" from every bookstore near us.

Is someone hoarding copies of Paper Towns?!

Anyway, so I bought another book instead. Erich Segal's Love Story, which has been in my Goodreads' Wishlist shelf since September but I always forget to buy.

So very hipster.


Adding it to my To-Read List, after Perfume: Story of a Murderer, Let It Snow and of course, I Hunt Killers. (Maybe I should just change the theme of this blog to The Books I've Read Before I Finally Finished I Hunt Killers.)

My sister also bought a book by Gretchen Rubin called The Happiness Project. It was the only copy in the bookstore and she was literally screaming and jumping up and down and I had to inch away hoping people thought I wasn't with her. She said she read it as a feature on teen magazine and just HAD to buy it so she did. I'm not sure what it's about but I searched for it in Goodreads and someone shelved it as Self Help. Normally, I don't read Self Help books, but I'm probably going to read it too. Hopefully after I Hunt Killers.

I have to go study for Family and Community Health now. Yesterday, I failed a quiz on the subject because I didn't know we were going to have a quiz!!! I scored two points below the passing grade. I would've passed if I had known what the name is of the thingy we use to measure our blood pressure (to which I answered 'blood pressure measuring apparatus' and I had to fight the urge to add -inator after. Re: Phineas and Ferb, if you don't get it) and if my brain didn't suddenly forget everything that I tried to memorize before the actual test, because the question was exactly the one I asked my seatmate before the professor hushed me.

Oh well. It was horrible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment