Let It Snow


Sparkling white snowdrifts, beautiful presents wrapped in ribbons, and multicolored lights glittering in the night through the falling snow. A Christmas Eve snowstorm transforms one small town into a romantic haven, the kind you see only in movies. Well, kinda. After all, a cold and wet hike from a stranded train through the middle of nowhere would not normally end with a delicious kiss from a charming stranger. And no one would think that a trip to the Waffle House through four feet of snow would lead to love with an old friend. Or that the way back to true love begins with a painfully early morning shift at Starbucks. Thanks to three of today’s bestselling teen authors—John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle—the magic of the holidays shines on these hilarious and charming interconnected tales of love, romance, and breathtaking kisses.
Synopsis from Goodreads.

Okay, this is going to be a short one because I should be asleep right now. Simply put: I loved this book! It was a delight to read. Each of the author had their own style of writing, of course, and I had my doubts in the beginning. But throughout the book and the three stories, there were these tiny details ('asshat', the TinFoil Man, etc) that somehow the authors managed to interconnect with each of the stories. I guess that's what made it interesting for me. I kept exclaiming, "Oh yeah that's/he's/she's from that previous story!" It was fun.

My favorite story, and I'm not being bias here, is John Green's A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle (hope I remembered that right). The characters,  as per John Green tradition, were very clever and witty and I wished I was their friend too. And don't get me started on the hilarious-ness of this story! Story time: I read it on my way home one time on the bus because I didn't want to fall asleep, and there's this one part that just made me want to laugh, but being on public transportation, I couldn't. Because that would be embarrassing. So I made that face where you try so hard not laugh and all you end up looking like is someone constipated. Not good.

So yes, it was really funny.

My story I liked the least was Lauren Myracle's Patron Saint of Pigs, simply because I thought the main character was self-absorbed in a very annoying way. I know this was intended by the author and I guess that was her point: to make the reader realize how self-absorbed the character is, but eh. I just don't like how she was portrayed. I would have liked it better if it was told from Jeb's point of view.

And since I talked about the two other stories, I should tell something about the first one, which is Maureen Johnson's The Jubilee Express. I loved this one too, because it was very fluffy and fun. Typical Y.A. romance novel. Nothing I haven't read before, but it was good too. And I loved it.

So there. To summarize, Let It Snow is a great quick read and I LOVED IT.

Reading update:

I'm currently reading Erich Segal's Love Story. I'm liking it so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment